Another three months has slipped by since the December auction review so its now just four days away from the next event.
Being conducted on both Icollector and Liveauctioneers is standard for Premiere but I also find it interesting to note which items are top of the pops the week before the event as icollector allows you to search by number of hits, bids and bookmarks. A very useful way to see which items are being looked at the most.
At $2800 The dudes costume from The Big Lebowski is number one most viewed item so far and comes with a coa. Not much to say other than it comes with an original wardrobe tag. This will be popular mainly because its a cult classic and also the other wardrobe from the movie has gone for ALOT over the years.
Next at a slightly less expensive $150 is Henry Cavills wardrobe piece from “Man of Steel”….and funnily enough its from me. This is just one of several pieces of clothing I picked up from the production that was being sold off last year. No idea where its being used as obviously the films not out yet but getting something from the film now will be alot cheaper than waiting the day before the film releases!
The True Grit hat and block from the Jeff Bridges remake is next at $300 so far and I expect this to have to plow some way to meet the reserve since the piece is expected to hit $7500. Its a beautiful piece from a great movie….very much recommended if your thinking about it. Great providence too!
The Michael Jackson glove at $5500 Im afraid im not well versed in. Looks good and has provenance so any interested parties can look that homework up for themselves. There has been so many sold over the years its hard to keep up with whats sold and when to who.
Then an item unsold from December in the form of John Candys Spaceballs costume makes a reappearance, followed by the wonderful Teen Wolf 2 costume….which has been missing for all these years and finally shows up. As silly as it is its wonderful to see this still even exists!
So those are the most hit items by page views…but what about bid amounts. As usual it tells a different story.
- Current Bid: 5,500.00
- One of the true crowning collectibles of all collectibles, this is an actual glove worn and owned by Michael Jackson. It is a signature white classic
- Current Bid: 3,000.00
- This is one of the most sought after iconic guns in Western movie history. The Hero gun screen used exclusively by Russell Crowe in the 2007 blockbust
- Truly one of the most iconic bathrobes in movie history! A collectable above all collectibles! This is the hero screen worn bathroom, (as well as t-s
- Current Bid: 2,200.00
- A truly rare and amazing collectable! These are the actual pair of matching live fire hero pistols used by Alice (Milla Jovovich) throughout “Resident
- Current Bid: 1,700.00
- From “Underworld: Rise of the Lycans” (2009), the sequel that reveals the origins of the long feud between the vampires and the Lycans, th…
- Current Bid: 1,500.00
- The groundbreaking “The Matrix” (1999), described by many as “Alice In Wonderland on acid and steroids”, blew audiences away wit…
- Current Bid: 1,000.00
- A true iconic one-of-a-kind treasure from the one and only “The Godfather” (1972). This is the actual accordion played in the famous Fred…
- Current Bid: 1,000.00
- From E.B. White’s beloved novel, “Charlotte’s Web”, this is a grand iconic piece of movie memorabilia from the delightful 2006 feature The…
- Current Bid: 975.00
So those are the top bid upon items so far. Obviously this is never an example of final bid prices but at least it is interesting to see what is getting the most interest.
So what are other items in the auction worth bringing attention to. Well obviously John Skotak has put the Aliens/Outland suit in and is a superb although expensive piece. I expect that to have a reserve on it as John tends to do that.
The other four cool script items are from celebrity actor David Warner and his Script for Titanic is a wonderful addition to the auction. I expect that to go high as its a beautiful piece with lots of extras and already at $500, as will his Star Trek 6 script.
This is another cool piece Tom Hanks jumper from “Castaway”
I adore the guns from Django unchained….a superb movie but I just dont see them getting $30-40k. I like to be proved wrong but I doubt without huge advertising these will sell this weekend. Great piece though. The 3:10 to Yuma gun is already at $3,000 so perhaps we will be in for a surprise! Thell Read the maker will be at the auction and live on video so perhaps he will enlighten us to the making of these pieces.
These Resident Evil Extinction live fire pistols are also in the auction and around the $2,000 mark right now.
As usual these guns require special paperwork so if you want something a little more for display the next items may be more to your liking.
So anything else caught my eye. Well there is this fabulous pistol from the scifi film Looper which is at a low $100 right now.
There are also these stunt guns from the movie Resident Evil Afterlife that I thought were very spiffy.
With 733 lots there really is something for everyone. I encourage you as always to take a look, if you decide you want more advice then always feel free to send an email, or ask other collectors for help and advice. Its a strong auction and I for one look forward to bidding on a few pieces. Good luck!
Premiereprops two day event is this Saturday and Sunday starting in Person in LA or online on Liveauctioneers and Icollector at 11 am Pacific. Video is available to watch during the show and the events last 6-9 hours depending on the amount and speed of items sold. Viewing is available two hours before the event starts.